Thursday, January 29, 2015

Learning lessons from Vacation

I love, did I say love my winter vacations in Clear Lake, Iowa.  Yes, I know why don't I go south.  I have experienced blessings from the peace and serenity of the lake since I was 3 years old.  Each year our family would take a week's vacation, it was always in Clear Lake.  I learned to love the lake.  Clear Lake for me is a silent, peaceful, quiet time.  I can gather my thoughts and reflect on the time and cherish the beautiful sunrises and sunsets.  I can spend time with my grandson and enjoy the time of swimming, sledding, reading, cooking, shopping and Cabin Coffee.  We can enjoy and share stories with the people and enjoy the uniqueness of a small town. 

Christmas at the Lake has become a tradition for a number of years.  I can enjoy the people and support the stores in Clear Lake as I Christmas shop for my family.  I bought my mother a memorial stone and it is placed in front of Larson's as it was one of her favorite stores.  Interestingly enough each year there are always flowers sitting on or near the stone.  Flowers were her favorite. 

Now to lessons and learning.  I was blessed this year with some wonderful time alone.  I spent each morning with God and watching Joyce Meyer and others.  I learned about myself.  I always hated being alone but this year was different.  I did not mind the time to peacefully reflect.  I actually found it refreshing. 

I believe in the storms of life I have drawn closer to God and find myself craving for more of him.  He is always there and wants joy and peace for us.  I found myself one evening struggling with some issues and felt the arms of Jesus wrapping around me.  I am here to comfort you and it will be ok.  What a peaceful feeling! I also reflected on how God has shown me that I am no longer able to follow this dream and journey alone.  I need to seek solace in him and then surround myself with people that want to follow this journey.  I found the need to find peace in being alone for short periods of time.  It is when I am alone that I can breathe, reflect and become more aware of where I am in this journey.  Many lessons learned in my time with the lake, people and solitude.

More lessons are to become more aware of my words.  Follow my dream.  Always remain positive no matter the challenge.  Control my emotions.  Be kind and loving.  Remember to be in fervent prayer and study each morning.   I am me and no one can change me but myself.  I am ok and beautiful in the eye's of the Lord.  I do not have to please everyone all the time.  I have the right to live my life according to God's will no matter what everyone else thinks. 

My plan is to accept me and forgive and loose the bondage.  I have been hurt and I have hurt others but it is a new start for a new year and I will do the best to be the best I can be.   That is all that is expected of us.  Welcome to 2015!   God will truly bless our lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment