Thursday, January 11, 2018

Reflections

2018 has arrived with a blast.  I have not written in awhile, because I have been spending my time reflecting, laughing, enjoying peace, being close to God, quiet time and calmness.  Hmmm beautiful sunrises, sunsets, and just resting.

I have been in Clear Lake Iowa.  Our family rents a house up there during Christmas and New Years.  I enjoy sometime to sit on a couch, bed to sleep in and time to rest.  What do I gain you say?  Well, in my reflections of the time I spent I experienced many mysterious happenings.  As I was driving home I thought oh my I am not ready to come home to a home under construction.  There are things and stuff everywhere.  I live out of suitcase.  When the floor and wall is completed it will be nice and we will purge and goodwill some possessions.  It is a new beginning and I will set sail on some great organization and wonderful meetings and classes.  We are extremely busy getting ready for the new year.  2017 has been a rough year but I am looking forward to all the great things God has in store for all of us and the animals in 2018.  He knows the plan and we will follow that  to the best of our ability.

Reflections have been meeting wonderful people.  I met some very friendly and nice people.  I drove down to the lake everyday except the real cold days and then I watched it the lake on TV.  I received a beautiful homemade shirt from my grandson and a set of wine glasses.  Each was painted with I love you to the moon and back.  What a special gift from a very special little boy.   I slept and I had some very comforting dreams, and experienced some very comforting gifts.  I will take many great memories away this year and treasure them for the rest of my life.  I am so grateful I was able to spend time there with my grandson, son, Christine, my husband and a special time as we worked and played with Angie and Lexi.  We engaged in activities at Christmas by the Lake, swimming, sledding and shopping.   Just admiring the beauty of the lake.

I am working on moving forward and getting many items accomplished and having a great year.  You see since I have gotten older those beautiful reflective moments mean so much to me.  I enjoy me time as I continue to give back to others.  I enjoy my time at church worshiping and praising God.  I enjoy visiting with the people in the stores on the street and all the places we attended.  One of my favorite activities was my grandson delivering candy canes to the people on the street in the stores, to the police and firefighters.  Then we delivered cookies and a homemade Gingerbread house to the nursing home.  God thank you for the beautiful time with these people and the beautiful lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment