Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

I wanted to write today about 9/11.  I was standing in our then living room and left the room to go do something and my husband said a plane accidentally hit the World Trade Center.   I came to watch TV again and I was devastated to say the least.  I don't think I remember a day I cried so hard for people I did not know.  I remember saying why would they take so many innocent lives.  I just did not understand.   All those people, rescue, police, fire and emt's and dogs saving lives and risking their own.   All out of love and concern for their fellow man.   It will be a day that goes down in history.  It has changed America.  It has changed our world.  America will never be the same because of that day.   Please, Please pause for a moment of prayer and ask the Lord to guide and assist with the decisions we make.  I pray for peace and safety for those that are in NY to remember.   Keep these people in our prayers and keep America in your prayers.   The greatest of these is Love.  Go in peace and fill your days with joy, love, laughter.  Dance in the rain.   Play with your children.  Love them as you have never loved them before.   Tell everyone you love them and care about them.  Most of all never forget what this day brought to this country.  Concern for fellow man.   It will be a day that goes down in history.   May God bless each and every life with hope, love and belief in oneself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment