Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Important Things in Life

I have been reading so much about relationships with humans, relationships with dogs and the great service they provide.  I know there are many people that are struggling.  I would like to pause for a moment and discuss the important things in life.  Life is important to all of us in very different forms.  Importance to some is a beautiful house, beautiful car, beautiful furniture, beautiful and perfect children, being a perfect spouse, being a perfect employee or employer, being a perfect parent or grandparent.   Why do we think that all these things matter?  Why do we have to have stuff?  Why do we think we have to be perfect?   What is really important?  When our earthly life is ended do we really think that any of this is going to matter?   I live in a beautiful home and I share almost my entire home with coworkers, volunteers, husband, grandchildren, children, riders, dog and cat.  I share my property with literally hundreds of people every year. I have a den with two chairs and tv.   I have a nice bedroom.   I share the rest of the house to the public.   What is important?   At the end of the day I pray and thank God for giving me the ability to give back to those people that are less fortunate.   I pray ASPIRE and our beautiful horses have touched many lives.  I pray that our horses provide therapeutic moments forever.  You see ladies and gentlemen it does not matter if you are around them on the ground or on their backs or just hanging out with them you will find a therapeutic moment everyday for all the days of your life you are around them.  I know one lady that is around 80 and she continues to be around horses because it is what keeps her going.   I know teenagers that have found horses to be a positive outlet during those troubling years.  I pray each and every day that those that enter our doors will receive the positive impact that these animals have had on my life.   It is disheartening when parents no longer find this a positive service for their children.  I will cherish those that love and will continue to love these animals that give 150% of their hearts and souls to everyone.   I have learned so many things from these powerful and majestic animals.  I believe that animals can be a catalyst for many changes.   We must open our hearts and minds to the differences they can make.  What is important?  God must come first and then the relationships, how we treat each other and what we give back to each other are the most important.   I think when it is all said and done we will be judged on the relationships, the great memories we build and the differences we make in the earthly world we live in.   Go now with peace and love and make those differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment