Monday, January 2, 2012

Vacation, Revelations and ASPIRE

It became very apparent to me this fall I needed a vacation.  You see our home is an office and I don't often have a lot of personal space.  I was demonstrating signs of burnout and compassion fatigue.   I needed sometime to stop and breathe.  My place of refuge is Clear Lake, Iowa.  Our family rented a house on the lake.  I packed up my things, oh man did I pack.  I was going to be gone for a least a month.   I had to take the truck to get everything up there.  HA!  My husband thinks I am nuts to take so much.  But after all it is my place for the time we rented.   Well, we spent Thanksgiving, Christmas and beyond at this beautiful home on South Shore. It was learning time.  I learned to make time for myself by reading, watching TV, taking long showers, massages and yes I even tried a facial.   I learned to exercise and make new friends.   I learned that peace and quiet was a gift and to enjoy those moments.   I learned to become accustom to taking time to do things for myself.  I returned home on Saturday with some renewed thoughts and revelations.  I truly am blessed to be able to spend time with family, extended time with my beautiful grandson and loved the memories we made.   I will miss my time there but it is time to move forward and work but take time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment