Friday, May 4, 2012

Because You're Gone

I found this at the Midwest Horse Fair.  Thought I would share.

Charging into my life,
like a black freight train.
Full of energy barely harnessed.
I wait to hear the rumble of your feet.
I listen to the quiet....because you're gone.

Large, dark, expressive eyes,
Always watching, always seeing.
Never missing a thing.
I wait to feel those eyes on me.
I turn to look and see nothing...because you're gone.

A quiet nicker of greeting
alternating with a more enthusiastic
announcement of my arrival.
An outward sense of embarrassment.
Deep inside I am pleased.
I walk inside to say "hello"
A one sided conversation...because you're gone.
Bursting upon the scene,
the focus of a spotlight.
Beauty in motion, you take my breath away.
I stand back at the edge and look with pride.
Grateful to be a part of your show.
Now the spotlight is empty...because you're gone.

My sense of gratitude
for so many jobs well done.
Professionalism, kindness and respect
while we worked as a team.
"Thank you for making me look good"
the phrase that re plays through my head.
That job is now finished...because you're gone.

A day of courage despite pain.
A brave heart and spirit that fought the good fight.
Endless tears, indescribable loss.
Time goes by, hearts still grieve.
Don't think I've forgotten you just...
because you're gone.

Because you're gone...
Thoughts and ideas take shape.
Meaningless becomes meaningful.
A foundation is laid to benefit those left behind.
Moving forward in an unforeseen direction
on a predestined path.
A bit of "the greater good" accomplished...
because you were here.

Farewell dear friend,
Dr. Kathy Fox

This story reminds me of ASPIRE'S horse Dandy.  Hope you enjoy.  It certainly touched my heart.  Have a wonderful Friday.





No comments:

Post a Comment