Monday, March 31, 2014

Percherons and Fear

Percherons and Fear!!!!  This is my story!  Watch for God and the metaphors in my story!

It was a cold and rainy Thursday!  Kameron(grandson) came to stay with me on that day.   It was a day for the doctor.  Kameron got his physical.  School shots, oh no, here comes the needles.  Yes, needles, 3 of them big scary needles.  I had a discussion with him, they are just pricks and there is really nothing to worry about.  He lays on the table and I say don't LOOK!  It won't hurt as much.   Hold his hand a few TEARS!  Bandaids, sticker, sucker and pencil, hooray we are done. 
Arrived at Waverly Horse Sale for lunch and then talked with the clinician.  He was from Wyoming and he told us what his plans were for the fundraiser he was doing early evening.  We arrived a 12:30.  He decides to announce to the audience that Kameron will sit on this horse he is going to be working.   Oops there goes the heart!  You are going to do what, I am thinking as my heart starts racing.  I don't feel well about this situation.   Off to see the horse he will be working with.   We had to pass by some large and I mean large Percherons to get to the stall.  Kameron walks in with this man and I am right behind.  He pets the horse for a minute and turns around to look for me and TEARS are rolling out of his eyes.   Then we have to get back to the sale ring so we have to pass the big Percherons again.  Big White scary Percherons.  Yep I am lucky I didn't have a heart attack!  But you see God had a plan and little did I know how he was going to set this up.  Fear is overtaking my mind.  But I did not want Kameron to know I was fearful.   I wanted him to be ok. big White Percherons.   He sat on her lap and was still sitting there when I came out of the bathroom.  She said, "I told him not to be afraid they are just gentle giants and they will not hurt you!   Watching the metaphor.  The big things are not to be feared as God is there catching our back.   I'm thinking this is going to be a long day but again never show that to Kameron just go with the flow.  He watched the sale and said "Grandma there are Benny horses and Erika horses".  He was right.  4 years old pretty smart.   He befriended a senior sitting next to us and then some Amish.  Kameron loves the Amish.  He said in the sale ring,"Look Grandma there are so many Amish."  Yes Kameron I say, "They use them for working with so they buy and sell them here at the sale".   5:00 p.m. arrives and the clinician begins his training but there is still some fear from Kameron so his mom comes with his helmet.  Yes,  I will not let me near that horse without a helmet.  Then along comes the lady again and Kameron sits again on her lap.  Pretty soon he turns to me and says I want to sit on that horse.  In the mean time they have collected money for ASPIRE.  The clinician really talks it up.  Kameron gets on when the clinician is all done.  Kameron believes it is not the same horse he seen earlier but she was a good horse.  Really calm and settled.  Kameron rides and gets off and the clinician takes his helmet and turns it upside down and tells him to go get more donations and if they tell you no he wants to here about it.   Told them thank you and left to go talk to the people with the money.  Yes folks $2,387 later we left and went to Pizza Ranch to eat.  Kameron was a proud little boy!
God really had this one all planned out because our fears are unnecessary and we can overcome and anything is possible.  Lots of God and metaphors!  Let's see what you get from the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment