Monday, October 15, 2012

Life in the fast lane

Wow!  It is the middle of October, where has the time gone!  Slow down we move to fast got to make the morning last!  We're in a hurry and don't know why!   When do we slow down and cherish the moments that help us to think clearly and be more grateful for the time we spend with nature and others.

This weekend has taught me about moving to fast.  I was in a hurry!  House to clean, laundry to do, dishes to clean up, horses to take care of, cats and dog to tend to, pick up things outside for winter and so much to get done before my winter vacation.   Hurry, Hurry, Hurry! 

Last week we were having a discussion and the desk began to shake for no apparent reason, the lights on my dash began to go off and on for no apparent reason, then a morning dove landed on my railing right outside my window and sat there watching me for a long while.  The time was not important, however I remember thinking maybe it is hurt.   It was watching with intent moving its beak like it was talking to me.  My husband said maybe it was an angel and dove's represent peace and serenity. 

Saturday was that hurry day!  Sunday we decided to pack the car and go to Gays Mills for apples.  Adventures begin with, it is raining and my wiper is not working properly.  We made it to Prairie Du Chen and stopped at a car parts place to replace them.  Off to McDonalds for lunch and while we are eating lunch my grandson says my chest hurts.  I ask," Are you OK?"  He replys "Yes".   On to Gays Mills for apples.   On our drive back we stop at Dyersville to eat dinner.  Not the best food.  We enjoyed the time with family. 

Arrive home and get unpacked and sit down finally to just RELAX!   I fall asleep and get woke up my husband had a call they were taking his dad to the hospital.  It ended up he had pneumonia and aspirated earlier in the afternoon.   How did my grandson know?   God has given him a special gift and he is truly amazing.  He stops and thinks about things and slows down and listens.   He just comes out with whatever is given to him to say.  We are in such a hurry that we don't slow down to hear God's voice.  

ASPIRE is growing and I am at peace with the program.  My family seems in a little disarray.   Slowing down and hearing God's voice will guide me in the right direction for all phases of my life.

Peace, Serenity and Love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment