Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Winter! Are we ready!

Harvest is completed! Now it is time to think about winter!  The holidays!  Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years.  The winter holidays seem to make us overwhelmed and anxious and for some depressed.

I am in midst of getting ready for my winter vacation.  So much to do.  I have faith it will all get done and I will be ready to go by mid November.   I love spending the holidays in Clear Lake.  It is a time of reflection, peace, renewed friendships, special times with family and relaxation.   No hurry, no hussle and bussle.  Just relish in the moment.  I take the time to pray, bake, exercise, shop, pray some more, read, watch the ice fisherman, watch the sunrise, sunset, and the beautiful moon reflecting on the lake.   I enjoy the beauty God has provided.  I enjoy taking walks around the lake and enjoy going downtown and hanging out.   I enjoy going swimming with my grandson.  I enjoy making memories.   What is so special about this time is my husband makes this all possible for us to be able to make all these beautiful friendships and memories.  What a great husband!  Got to love the fact that he sees and understands my needs. 

ASPIRE will soon finish classes for the winter.  We are not able to provide programming in the winter due to our outdoor arena.   It is our desire to resolve this issue so within the next 5 years. We would love to have an indoor facility.   We are so appreciative and love our outdoor arena but it has its constraints due to weather related problems.   The outdoor arena brings us the beauty of the sunsets, deer in the field, beautiful trees surround the arena, listen to the horses in the pastures, the traffic passing by and the beauty of nature.  It gives our riders a chance to breath the fresh air and be part of something they don't get to experience in their everyday lives.  

As this year begins to draw to a close both for programming and the year end, it is a reflection of peace, love, hope, belief, power and amazing progress.  I look forward to seeing volunteers this winter digging their heels in and assisting in keeping our horses healthy.   I look forward to working with our women's group this winter.  Most of all I look forward to being with our riders next spring and watch the amazing strides they take.

Yes, we have some work to do to get ready for winter.   But God will provide the help we need and the time to get it done.   It will be an awesome winter and we will enjoy the time whether it is warm and dry or cold and snowy.  

As we get ready for our Halloween party and Volunteer Recognition, enjoy the beauty that God has given to all of us and remember to smile and look for something positive in each and every day!  Blessings

Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment