Thursday, September 21, 2017

RISE ABOVE

It is Thursday and my day is filled with activities.  Not like any other day except it is Thursday and my blog is late.  How do I make this up.  I can tell it has been a busy week.  Interviews, auction, tickets, program, classes, horses, and the list goes on.  Staff is assisting in getting ready for the big night.  Night of the Horse will be an exciting night and by the time I do my next blog it will be about that evening.  I hope you will join us on Saturday Night.  It is shaping up to be a great night of exciting entertainment, beautiful auction items and lots of fun for the entire family.

But I did not want to just blog about the night.  I want to tell you a story.  As I have been interviewing on TV and attending meetings I have encountered some amazing people.  Let's remember I have been ED for 18 years.  Yes that means I have seen many of our children grow up and become adults.  Wow where has the time gone.

Stories to tell to the nation will melt your heart.  The stories I hear are thank you.  Thank you for the service you have provided as the children, now adults have grown into young successful and independent adults.  They have overcome some major obstacles and now have surpassed their parents belief.  I can not take the credit for the entire work   ASPIRE gave them a moment in time to be strong, rise up, show us their independence, freedom and love for others and animals.  My heart melts when I hear the success stories of not just one but many of the children we served so many years ago that I loved and cared about and still do.  The children we serve become part of our family and we love them in all their broken ways.  They socialize and love their animals.  I watched last night as they groomed and tacked their horses.  Wow through the midst of the heat and then rain they conquered what was once an impossible task.  It is a beautiful picture to see these children with issues only God knows why become fearless, overcome whatever is in their way and RISE UP.  Thank you Lord for blessing my life with these awesome children and thank you Lord for allowing me to see that a small act of kindness sets the wheels in motion to become awesome adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment