Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Life before Christmas

The trees are decorated, the houses are all lit up.  The stores are bustling with many people.  We have finished with Black Friday and now it is Cyber Monday.  Life before Christmas can be exhausting.  Rushing here and there and everywhere to get just the right gift for the right someone. 

Thanksgiving is completed at our house and now it is time to reflect and pray.  I am ready for my December break and sitting by the lake.  This year will be different, we are in a new house.  The experience will be interesting as we have chosen this house with only seeing the outside.   Pictures are showing a nice place but until you get inside you don't know.  I am excited yet anxious.  

Life before Christmas at the farm means very little decorating.  We don't have room for much.  There are few little things but nothing big.  Rika is leaving the end of this week and we travel to Clear Lake for Christmas by the Lake and my rest time begins.  I will mail out Christmas Cards and decorate the house for Christmas.  I have a grant due in the middle of the month but beyond that I will shop, play, watch TV and rest.   Slowing down for me is huge during this time of year.  We have gone 100 miles an hour for so many months it is time for me to reflect and think about how I want my 2018 to look.  God is the planner and I look for the many ways he is guiding me in my life.  

Life before Christmas is figuring how to celebrate with the animals and the children.  Teaching them the true meaning of Christmas.  I will enjoy my time alone and with friends.  It will be a joyous holiday season for me.  

As I sit back and listen to the music and listen to the pastor I realize I am in control of only my thoughts and emotions and I will make the best of my time away and at home this holiday season.

I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  God's Blessings to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment